Christian Productivity: How to Plan When Life Feels Uncertain
What were you doing 10 years ago? What were you believing for? What did you care about? What did you worry about? What are the answered prayers you walk in today that you could not have even imagined back then?
Thinking about where we were 10 years ago reminds us of the infinite possibilities that lay ahead of us. We have the opportunity to develop an action plan for the kind of life we want to create and the kind of person we want to become in the next 10 years.
You might be thinking...
- How do I know what’s going to happen in the next 10 years?
- I want to trust God’s plans for my life, not my own
- I don’t want to commit to one plan if God has something better for me
Yes and amen to trusting our future to God. I don’t know about you, but I am wildly grateful that my future is not limited only to what I can see. I don’t want a life filled with accomplishments that I can do in my own strength. How boring. I want a life filled with the infinite potential of what only God can do. I want to live expectant of what God will do that is beyond all I ask or imagine.
But even in this uncertainty, we have a part to play. Are we investing in the spiritual, mental, physical, and emotional growth that we need to carry the blessing that we’re believing for?
I once had a woman in one of my group coaching programs who prayed for months for God to open the door to a specific opportunity. When God answered her prayer, she was unprepared. She said, “I wish I had prepared over the summer as an act of faith that God would answer my prayer.”
How many times do we do the same? Wait for God to answer the prayer before we act?
Even if we don’t know what will happen in the next ten years, and even if we are faithful to trust God’s timing and be obedient to His plan (as we should), we can still nurture the seeds of hope with acts of faith.
- If we are believing to married, we can invest time in studying books about marriage, meet with people who have marriages we respect, and press into our own personal growth
- If we are believing to launch a business, we can make connections, learn new skills like accounting or marketing, create a business plan or seek out a mentor
- If we are believing to publish a book, we can write every day, take writing classes, and read authors we admire and want to learn from
- If we are believing to develop a speaking career we can invest in training, analyze speakers we admire on YouTube, develop speaking topics, and offer to speak for free
To put it another way, how will you sow in faith today for the harvest you are believing to reap tomorrow?
Here are three questions to think about this week:
- What am I praying and believing for?
- How am I preparing for this in faith?
- What is one simple action I can take this week?
I'm cheering you on.
Discover how Christian Productivity Coaching can help you achieve your goals in your business, career, or ministry. Schedule a free,15-minute Clarity Call. Book your call.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER
Weekly Productivity Tips Delivered Straight to Your Inbox
Get faith-based insights and inspiration delivered to your email inbox every week to help you achieve your goals.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.